Friday, October 29, 2010

Mystic Pizza




So maybe the title is a bit dated, and my event didn't take place in Mystic, Ct., but I did make my own pizza, from scratch on Monday!

I bought a small bag of already yeasty dough at Whole paycheck which apparently kept rising in the fridge, because when I pulled it out on Monday, after two days, the cellophane taped bag was open and dough had forced its way out and into the vegetable bin- like "the fog" it crept through the fridge.

I rolled the soft, yeasty dough out, making sure to get the air bubbles out. I then pulled tomatoes and basil from the garden to make my own tomato sauce. Rolling the dough onto corn meal and dusting the top with olive oil before spreading the sauce on were the tricks to a crunchy crust and a non-soggy pizza. Delicious!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: