Monday, November 1, 2010

Giant Fever

I'm a post-season fan. It's true. There are something like 160 games in a season which is easily about 120 too many if you ask me. So right around august, when talk of the post season heats up, I start to CRT interested in baseball.

This was a good year. Wednesday night I had a social action meeting at the synagogue. I went- a bit begrudging as the first game of the world series was on, featuring my beloved Giants.

I honestly felt a bit like my grandfather, who used to wear a transistor radio like a body part- glued to every word of the announcer. Me, I had my trusty iPhone.

I engaged as much as possible, grabbing my phone and checking the score as if i were waiting for life saving news.

I also kept getting text messages from my friend in Texas- hard to respond when I was trying to help solve critical Oakland issues. The meeting ended after about an hour and a half and I ran out to the car, giddy to hear the giants were ahead.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: