Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Giants Fever 2

Thursday I went to the Ebbie awards - an award given by the SF Chamber of Commerce to "best of" businesses. I accepted this invitation as a guest of my company, which was being honored for being a centenarian. We're actually around 175 years old, but who's counting?

It was my second instance of being in a place where I might normally like to be (I mean, I had a free glass of champagne in my hand) but my mind was somewhere else - namely Pac Bell Park. Luckily throughout the event I was not the only one checking my phone for the score. They had the game on, on TVs throughout the Masonic Auditorium and I made sure to keep my eyes on as I passed by. Additionally, while awards were being given out, they would also announce the score.

After all awards were presented, my colleagues and I wandered the joint nibbling on the free food (lots of finger food like chinese dumplings, onion strings, tiny desserts, etc). And after about 45 minutes, we grabbed our bags and hit the road.

On our way to Powell St BART, we ended up on the street in front of Lefty O'Doul's. A crowd had formed as a TV was turned streetside and we watched with joy as the Giants went up by 3, then 4, then 5! We jumped up and down and screamed in the middle of the street. My TX colleague's texts became more sullen and pouty, "they don't deserve to win if all they can do is walk them in". My response, "how do you look in orange?"

No comments: